About This Documentation
Use the Miarmy to create crowd simulation in Maya, Download the Plugin at www.basefount.com/download
The Miarmy Documentation helps you learn the Miarmy tools and workflow as well as the crowd simulation concepts. You can read it from start to finish, or use it as a reference.
If it’s your first time using Miarmy, take a look at the Quick Start tutorials.
This document is organized as following structure:
- General Pipeline: Understanding the general pipeline of crowd simulation from Character Rig to the Final Render
- Original Agent Assets: Why and how to convert Maya Rig to Miarmy Original Agent (OA)
- Layout and Placement: Take full control the layout and distribution Placement before simulating crowd and how to generate Original Agent (OA) to agents from placement
- Animation & Action: How to convert Maya Animation into Miarmy Actions, and how to animate the agents in scene with these actions.
- Simulation Introduction: This small chapter serves as a connecting link between the preceding and the following parts
- Logical Simulation: A more in-depth look at logic nodes and perception contents workflow and algorithm.
- Physics: Collision detection and dynamic simulation features and the physical related logic
- Render: Mechanism and workflow of caching and rendering for each supported renderers
- Reference: Information of menus, tools and some technical specifications (format, APIs, ect)